2016 QUICK STATS
Application for Shelter
This figure excludes dependents of applicants that were under the age of 18 at the time the application was submitted.
Two-thirds of these residents found either full time employment, permanent housing, or both to prevent future homeless
Clients Who Reside in Taylor County
Number of Food or Hygiene Boxes Given
(C & S Mission Store and/or Goodwill)
Food, Hygiene Box or Voucher Recipients
Clients that received Emergency Food/Hygiene Boxes OR Vouchers were Taylor County Residents
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- 30 Day Long Term Shelter Facility with three private bedrooms/bathrooms in addition to a common living space, kitchen area, and laundry room
- Provide Hygiene and purifying essentials to each incoming resident
- Stocked Kitchenette/Laundry Room
- Hot meals delivered 2-3 times per week
- Case management for each Shelter Resident 2 times a week (minimum) to develop strategies to improve overall quality of life and eliminate potential of future homelessness
- Weekly Resident Group Sessions to determine which factors are common among the Homeless in Taylor County and how to adequately address these commonalities
Green River Ministries (GRM) is the only long-term, semi-private, non-discriminatory Homeless Shelter of its kind in Central Kentucky. The agency offers 30-day shelter placement in conjunction with housing and employment counseling, budgeting, and resume building. Our goal is to rapidly rehouse all clients as well as provide skill training to prevent future homelessness, all while being completely free of charge. Green River Ministries maintains three 30-day rooms. Once applicants are accepted, they are offered their own room (singles may have one roommate of the same biological gender) and bathroom, along with access to a living room, stocked kitchenette and free laundry facilities. This is all within one building. Each private room is furnished to accommodate the needs of residents. This includes fresh bedding, spare bedding, and complimentary hygiene products including toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, tooth brushes, and washing detergent. Also unique to Green River Ministries, a landline telephone is available for use in the Shelter and in addition to a permanent mailing address. Similarly, any community member, rather than only Shelter Residents, are offered Goodwill and Mission Store Vouchers, emergency food, emergency hygiene boxes, and “Open Access” to Staffed Social Workers without appointment and free of charge through Green River Ministries. The Mission of Green River Ministries is to provide safe shelter, food, support services, and alternative avenues for self-sufficiency to homeless adults and their families in and around the Campbellsville area. We strive to do this through competence and creativity while treating all with dignity and respect.